Bang Bang Bangs!

Last year I was rocking the front bangs look and then last month I decided to try and grow it out again and see what I would look like. The long side fringe was a good look and I liked it, but certain people in my life (my mother) decided that I looked better with bangs and requested that I cut them back. To please my mother, I have once again cut my bangs to be straight across bangs. I mean I love this look, because if I didn't - I wouldn't have it. However, when I remember when I first got bangs a while back, I didn't know what hair styles worked best with them and what hair styles won't make me look like I was 12 years old. So, here are some of my favorite easy hair styles that goes great with straight across bangs (and all you need is your hair & one hair tie!)


All Natural 

Obviously, leaving all your hair down is going to be a great look. So, besides styling your bangs, you don't need to do anything. A no brainer! Honestly, this style is meant to anyone who doesn't care or who doesn't have time to do anything else with their hair. (aka me everyday during exam season) 

The Pony 

I love this look (& so does my mother). It has a very fun and young feel to it because of the height of the pony tail. I like to flip all my hair over and hold all the hair at the very top of my head and then start to comb the hair to make it more tamed looking. With this style you should be careful of your front bangs being pulled into the pony. For me, my front bangs are longer on the sides and so sometimes they do get caught in the pony tail and I have to pull them out. I think this look is great for any occasion especially hanging out with your friends during a night out. 

The French Braid 

This style is great for all types of bangs, but I think it goes especially well because it pulls all your hair out of your face and it really shows your facial structure well without having to do a boring low pony tail. I like wearing this style to school a lot because it's a little more fancy than a regular low pony and it's less extravagant than curling my hair and doing all other fancy things to my hair. Also, I like starting my french braid lower on my head because I feel like when I start the braid higher up on my head it changes the look of my bangs. 
Here's a really great french braid tutorial that helped me to perfect my french braid skill. (literally, I can do this in 1 minute.) 

 The Messy-ish Bun

I call this a messy-ish bun because I really don't put any effort in it. I just put my hair in a high pony tail, and twist my hair into a bun. The only thing I do to the bun is tie it with a hair tie; I do not use any hair pins (mainly because I look hair pins frequently and because I am lazy). However, I actually like this look a lot because it has the shape of the bun, but the loose hair pieces just makes it look effortless and easy going (a little artsy fartsy if you ask me). I wear this style often when I study or when I go to my "serious classes" because your hair won't fall all over your face when you are writing. 


p.s. the main focus of these styles are still the bangs. No matter what hair style I do, I always try to make sure that my bangs are in good condition. Depending on what type of front bangs you have (thick, long, see-through, etc.), there are many different ways to care and style your bangs. Personally, I always have to wet my bangs before I style them. I then usually blow dry them using a round comb and occasionally I will use a velcro hair roller to help dry my bangs and give them some volume. So which is your favorite hair style to go with your fringe? 




from Jackie






1 comment: