from Korea: seafood

Hello,
It almost feels a bit awkward making this blog post because it has been so long since I’ve made a post. In my lastest YouTube video I mentioned that I was going to be studying abroad in South Korea and I’ve been here for the past 2 months. Why haven’t I made a blog post about my time in Korea thus far? I’ve been so busy, and frankly, just straight up lazy. From going to school, working, and trying to experience new things in a foreign land, I simply did not have the time or energy.

However, I want to change this! I only have one chance to study abroad and I only have one chance to write everything down. I have already had two months of "rest," it's time to get serious and get some blogging and vlogging done! So, recently I took a trip and was able to do something that I’ve been wanting to do: eat fresh seafood. Since food is one of my ultimate favorite things about Korea, I thought it would be fitting to make my first blog post about Korea be able food.

On this trip, we went to a city called Tongyeong. It is a coastal city in South Gyeongsang Province. There we visited a cute restaurant called 바다가 들린다 (I hear the Ocean) It was the first time I had eaten fresh sea food in South Korea and it had already been a while since I had fresh sea food in general. Seafood is one of my favorite types of food so I was so excited to eat this meal.

The restaurant had a ‘camping’ theme. They had foldable chairs and short grills (they even had a tent inside!) The atmosphere was really cute and even the scenery around the restaurant was beautiful. It was right next to the water so as we were eating the grilled seafood, we were able to smell the ocean water. It was quite perfect. The seafood was spectacular. I loved the coal grilling and it made the seafood taste that better having that coal, toasty flavor. I love Korean sauces and Korean side dishes, so the meal was an all around A+ due to the delicious kimchi! I wish Seoul wasn’t so far from the coast because I really wish I could eat fresh seafood all the time. However, that is not the case, so any chance I get to visit the coast again, I’m going to take it!

Anyways, here are the pictures I snapped while at the restaurant! *still drooling*
바다가 들린다
the interior

pure deliciousness

grilled shrimp = A++

lastly, we had a bowl of ramen

our beautiful view 


It was such a great trip thanks to my boyfriend and his parents. Thank you so much for an amazing weekend. Hope to visit the sea again soon!




p.s. hi 바다 언니! was thinking about you the entire time .. hahah

from Jackie



No comments:

Post a Comment