Yes Scrubs


I've been wanting to do a at home scrub for quite some time now, I just hadn't found the time to actually make them. There are many scrubs out there on the market, but they can actually get quite pricey. My favorite scrub had always been Ocean Salt from LUSH. However, that scrub is pricey and I wasn't in the mood to spend the money on it. Another scrub I love from LUSH is the sugar lip scrub. Suddenly it popped in my head, if I can scrub with salt on my body and sugar on my lips, why can't I use the sugar on my body? Im not sure why it never occurred to me. All I had to do was make a quick search on Pinterest and tons of recipes came up for body sugar scrubs. 


Two intrigued me and they were the coffee and cinnamon ones. I modified the recipes to use ingredients that I already had at home. Both of my scrubs are exceptionally easy to make and they use ingredients that you probably already have at home, because I already did. 

Here they are!

Coffee Sugar Scrub

 Coffee helps smooth and firm your skin so that is why it excellent in a scrub. Also, it's a plus because I love the smell of coffee grinds. I used 2 tbsp of the coffee grinds, 2 tbsp of the grown sugar mixed with 1 tbsp of regular white sugar, and 2 tbsp of melted coconut oil. All you need to do is mix all the ingredients together and there you go! 

Cinnamon Sugar Scrub

I have read the cinnamon helps increase collagen levels and that is one of the reasons why I chose to put it in my scrub. However, honestly, I chose cinnamon because it is one of my favorite scents. The scent of sweet sugar and cinnamon makes me so happy and even a little hungry. I made more of this scrub because I love cinnamon so much and so I used 3 tbsp of brown sugar and 2 tbsp of white sugar, 2 tbsp of ground cinnamon, and 2.5 tbsp of melted coconut oil. Again, all you need to do is mix the ingredients and you got yourself a lovely sweet smelling scrub. 


I love scrubs for exfoliating dead skin and when added with the right ingredients, they can be moisturizing as well. The coconut oil that I added made my skin ultra smooth and the coffee scrub leaves a nice light coffee scent on my skin. Obviously, if you aren't a fan of coffee or cinnamon you can substitute them with peppermint oil or some other scents that you prefer. I personally use the scrubs while in the shower. I just take some straight from the jar and exfoliate my legs and arms with the scrub and then rise off with water. 

Try these out for yourself because they're simple, cheap, and effective! 



from Jackie





No comments:

Post a Comment