Winter Favorites

Winter has finally arrived and I'm ecstatic. My favorite seasons are fall and winter. However, living in Texas means that there is no extreme winter weather here. This can be a good and a bad thingbecause we are never actually freezing, but it's bad because when we try to dress "winter" appropriate we get really hot really quickly. 

Anyways, here are some of my favorite winter outfits & essentials!

Holiday Pleats 




Yes, this winter I wore skirts. It sounds so strange that one of my winter favorites would be a skirt, but it's true! I have been loving pleated skirts lately! High waisted pleated skirts can really help accentuate your waist and make you look more feminine. I have to say this outfit always reminds me of the movie Clueless. The high waisted pleated skirt, the loafers, and the socks are all so Cher. I also have been digging these loafers that I got super cheap at Forever21. I wanted some shoes in this style, but I didn't want to spend a fortune. Luckily, Forever21 had a discount on these shoes and I was able to try out this style at a more affordable price.

Mad Plaid-der 



This outfit seems a little more winter appropriate and festive than the previous one. Mock neck tops have been huge this winter and I can understand why. I really like how modern mock neck tops look and how modest they can make you look. Plaid just always screams winter to me for some reason and that is why I love this skater skirt so much. This outfit also reminds me of something Cher from clueless would wear; I guess I am just on a Clueless kick. Tights with skirts no only looks cute, but obviously it helps with keeping your legs warm. I would definitely suggest trying out some tights with fleece on the inside. The tights I am wearing here are not the ones lined with fleece, but I recently purchased some tights that were lined with fleece. If you live in a super cold climate, those are a must have! They are extremely warm and gives you more leverage to wear skirts and shorts during the winter.

Dark Threads



I love oversized sweaters, and I'm even more in love with oversized turtle neck sweaters. Not only is it actually practical for keeping your neck warm, but I think it looks really effortless and modern. Since this sweater is a bit oversized, the sleeves were way too long and so I folded them up. I think this prevents you from being lost in the sweater and having the sweater swallow your entire body. These shoes are great for those "shorties" like me because they add a good amount of height without being too obvious that you're wearing platforms. I love the classic black and white colors and although some people might hate them, I personally love them! 

Hope you guys enjoyed this winter favorites post and I will be trying to do more fashion related posts in the future because this was fun! 

Happy Holidays everyone! 

p.s. all photos and edited by the super talented Hannah Laamoumiplease check out her website, she's amazing!

from Jackie

1 comment: