from Korea: Cafe Chloris Tea & Coffee

Hello Friends!
I'm back with a cafe review this time!
I am currently living in Sinchon, South Korea and man, there sure are a billion cafes here. South Korea is known for having super "cute" cafes. So I though it would be fitting for me to review a particularly super "cute" cafe. I visited the Cafe Chloris in Sinchon. When I previously looked up this cafe, there were actually 2 location in Sinchon; the 2 locations were actually on the same exact street. However, since then I have learned that one of them closed. This is not a big deal because having 2 of the same cafes on the same street is a bit of a overkill anyways. It is located at 38, Yonsei-ro 4-gil, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul 
서울특별시 서대문구 연세로4길 38 (창천동). 




This is a romantic, vintage, and victorian themed cafe. They have everything ranging from vintage tea cups to victorian dolls. The atmosphere was quite nice; it was quiet and calming. The dark lighting made ambiance seem romantic and it really made me feel as though we had left the crowded city of Seoul. The couches were really plush and had the nice velvet finishing that all remind us of the good old days. 




Now onto the menu. The menu was every unique due to its vintage wooden cover. The prices of the items at this cafe were a bit expensive to be honest. A milk tea was 7,500 won and the carrot cake we got was 5,500 won. I guess you can say that we paid for the experience of using vintage silverware. The milk tea came out in a cute tea pot and was poured into cute vintage tea cups. The cake was also served on a vintage looking plate. If you feel as though that isn't enough, they also give out a free serving of pretzels. This was actually the first time I got pretzels in Korea. The taste? Honestly, the taste wasn't that spectacular. The amount of milk tea that was served was a bit small for the price point (2 serving within the pot) and although the cake was a good serving size, the taste was mediocre. The carrot cake tasted like just any other carrot cake that I had tasted before, that was for sure cheaper than here. 






Overall this was a nice experience. I wouldn't necessarily come here again due to the price point and the fact that I could probably get the same items for a lot cheaper elsewhere. However, I would say that this is a really cute cafe to experience once in a while. It was a fun escape into a "different world" and I feel as though at this cafe you can escape for a little while. It is a nice date location or if you just wanna have some "afternoon tea" with your girlfriends. This cafe is much more about experience than taste.  


from Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment