The (failed) Perm

My first post about my summer trip to South Korea!

As many may know, Asia is known for digital perms and many girls that visit Asia usually get perms just because the same type of perm is not readily available in the States. I too, was intrigued by the digital perms, and decided to get a wave perm myself.

I asked my friend to take me to a nice salon to get my hair permed. However, when we arrived at the salon, the hair stylist advised that I shouldn't get my hair permed. She said that my hair was too damaged and that the perm wouldn't work. Me and my friend were disappointed to hear that news, but we left because there was nothing we could do. After leaving that salon, we saw another salon on the same street and decided to hop in and see what they would say. At the second salon, the hair stylist said  confidently that she could give me the digital perm and so me and my friend decided to do it.


here, you can see I was receiving the Digital Perm. It was the strangest, yet coolest, hair device that I had ever seen! While the process was very long, I was still very excited and nervous inside for the outcome of my perm. 


and the process of my digital perm continued.... 

As you can see here, this was AFTER my perm. I was confused because my hair did not look like the photo I had shown the stylist and honestly it looked the same as before I got the perm. 
Angered and disappointed, me and my friend went BACK to the salon and asked for a refund, but this time the stylist said with eve more confident that she believed this time she could really give me the waved perm. 
Me and my friend took another chance and sat around for another 2 hours for my second perm of the day. 

This time, the second time, the stylist gave me a regular chemical perm. 
The perm worked the second time, but it did not last. My hair still fell out of waves 2 days after receiving the perm. Needless to say I needed a refund (I got about 60% back)
The point of this story is that I should have listened and believed the first hair stylist when she said that my perm was un-permable. She was honest and turned me away because she did not want to waste my time and money. I don't regret this experience as much as I did at the time, but at least I got a big lesson from this disaster. However, I do feel sorry to my friends who went with me to the salon! My two other friends had to wait for me for 2 hours while I got the perm. Lastly, I feel the most sorry to my main friend who took me to both the salons, waited with me through both the perms, and went with me to ask for a refund --Thank you Yuri!

Overall the experience was not a great one, but like I said, at least I learned a lesson from it! 
Maybe the next time I come to Korea my hair will be different and a perm could possibly work, but for now I think I'll just stick to curling my hair with a curling iron. 

from Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment